For citizens of the Republic of Latvia
In accordance with the Agreement between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Latvia border areas are administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Latvia, adjacent to the belarus-latvian border, and 30 km away from it. If a part of such formation is in the zone between 30 and 50 km from the border, such formation is also considered to be the part of the border area.
Border areas of the Republic of Latvia in accordance with the Agreement are:
Documents for border crossing
Residents of border areas of Latvia upon the state border crossing and stay in the border area of Belarus must have:
- - Aglona, Graverskaya, Kastulinskaya, Shķeltova volost of Aglona district;
- Andzelskaya, Andrupene, Asunskaya, Berzinskaya, Dagda, Kepovskaya, Konstantinovskaya Svarinskaya, Shkyaunskaya, Ezerniekskaya volost and city Dagda of Dagda district;
- Ambelskaya, Bikerniekskoj, Vetssalienskoj, Vishksky, Demene, Kalkunsky, Lautsessky, Liksnskaya, Malinovskaya, Medumi, Nauyenskaya, Saliensky, Svente, Skrudaliena, Tabore volost of Daugavpils region and the city of Daugavpils;
- Zalesskaya, Lauderskaya, Pasiene volost and town Zilupe of Zilupe region;
- Shedersky volost of Ilukstsk district;
- Auleja, Izvaltsky, Indrovskaya, Kalnieshskaya, Kaplava, Kombulskaya, Kraslava, Piedruja, Skaystskaya, Udrishi volost and the city of Kraslava of Kraslava region;
- Brigsky, Istrskaya, Nirzskaya, Pildskaya, Rundeni volost of Ludza region;
- Kaunata volost of Rezekne region.
2. Valid travel document (passport of the citizen of the Republic of Latvia, passport of non-citizen of the Republic of Latvia, diplomatic passport, service passport, document card of seaman;
3. Health insurance contract.
Residents of border areas of Latvia upon presentation of valid travel documents with permits for local border traffic are allowed to cross the state border in checkpoints opened for international and bilateral traffic, without visas.
Residents of border areas of Latvia are not required a pass for staying in border zone (border line).
How to obtain a permit
For obtaining a permit, you must
1) file an application to local authorities of border area of the Republic of Latvia on inclusion in the list of border area residents (annually before 1st February they are handed over to permit authorities)
In application form are indicated:
a) name and surname;
b) date and place of birth;
c) identification number of the person or personal identification number;
d) type, series and number of a valid travel document; authority, date of issue;
e) place of residence and the period of time during which the person lawfully resides in the border area;
f) purpose of travel;
g) place of stay in the state border area of the other Party.
2) apply for the cross-border permit to the Consulate of the Republic of Belarus in Daugavpils
Address: 18.Novembra iela 44, Daugavpils, LV-5403, Latvija
When applying for permission for border movement you should have:
- - passport and it’s quality photocopy ;
- - filled standard form ;
2 - 2 color photographs, 3 x 4 cm;
- health insurance for the first trip;
- documents confirming the need of multiple trips to the border area of the Republic of Belarus;
- certificate of residence declaration.
Attention!!! Documents are proceeded according to the lists of border area residents by appointment, made by phone 65420965 on weekdays from 14:00 to 18:00.
A fee of 20 euros is charged for handling the application for local border traffic permit. Pensioners, disabled groups I and II (with certificates and photocopies) and children under 18 years are released from the fee.
Payment of consular fees for border traffic permits can be made:
- - by plastic cards at the payment office of the Consulate General of the Republic of Belarus in Daugavpils;
- in Daugavpils branch of JSC «SEB banka», located at the address: Daugavpils, str. Gimnazijas, 12 (entrance from str. Kr. Valdemar).
Procedure for issuing of permits - 10 working days.
When the permit is lost, damaged or destroyed
Upon issuing a new permit related to the exchange of the document for travel abroad (passport), the expiry date or spoliation of a permit, except a loss (theft), previously issued permit shall be returned to the Consulate General.
Certificate confirming the appeal upon the loss (theft), issued by internal affairs body of the Republic of Belarus or Latvian authority authorized to issue such certificates, is provided to the Consulate General for obtaining a new permit.
According to the Agreement, persons who entered the Republic of Belarus on border crossing permits shall pass the registration upon staying for more than five days.
For registration in citizenship and migration agency of the internal affairs body at place of temporary stay, hotel, sanatorium and recreational organizations it is necessary to provide the following documents:
- - application;
- migration card with a mark of entrance made by border service officer;
- document for travel abroad;
- health insurance policy;
- document confirming payment of fee in the amount of 0,5 base value (aliens under 16 years are registered free of charge).